|Region||Central Bohemian Region|
|Title of the Programme||Culture|
|Title of the Project||Revitalization of the historic Liechtenstein brewery, restoration of original technology and opening of a unique brewery museum and archive in Kostelec nad Černými lesy|
|Number of the Project||KU-CH1-128|
National Brewing Museum
|Project Partner from Donor State|
Research Centre for Industrial Heritage
Project duration (phase of the project): 15. 4. 2021 – 30. 4. 2024
Students (any age)
Web pages: www.pivovarkostelec.cz
|Total Eligible Costs|
1 618 814 EUR
1 455 707 EUR
- Restoration of the brewery´s buildings as a cultural heritage. Some of the premises of the brewery are heavily affected (e.g. their statics is endangered), it is leaking into them. Moreover, the interiors of the brewery buildings are not currently in good technical conditions either.
- Renovation of technical equipment, meaning specific brewery technology, which consist of various objects in different stage of degradation.
- Creation a new museum with rooms available for community meetings, workshops and other cultural/educational activities. Within this project, our aim is to open the museum, so called “live museum”, where the renovated technical equipment will find its place. Today, in the Czech Republic there is no similar museum, which could provide the information in the area of brewery in such a complex way.
- Digitalization of cultural heritage.
- Creation and implementation of business strategy..
Main target groups are public (museum visitors and attendants of various events), students and expert public. Part of the exposition will be dedicated to minorities, for example Jews, who have historical connection to this region and have left there specific traces related to their business activities. The project will be implemented thanks to involvement of partners from Norway (other brewery) and Iceland (Museum), and other partners from Czech Republic (University). They will guarantee the technical part relating to the restoration of exhibits (equipment of the brewery) and restoration of brewery itself. They will supervise the actions leading to creating and opening a new exhibition.