|Region||Hradec Králové Region|
|Title of the Programme||Culture|
|Title of the Project||HORTUS MUSICALIS BROUMOV - residencies, cultural exchange, community|
|Number of the Project||KU-CA1-039|
Educational and Cultural Centre Broumov, public benefit corporation
|Project Partner from Donor State|
NOPA, the Norwegian Society of Composers and Lyricists (NO)
Estimated project duration: 05/2021 – 04/2023
Target group: General public, Civil society organizations, Artists
Web pages: www.klasterbroumov.cz
|Total Eligible Costs|
204 141 EUR
183 728 EUR (90 %)
The HORTUS MUSICALIS BROUMOV project - residency, cultural exchange, community will be implemented on the premises of the Broumov Benedictine monastery that has been undergoing a revitalization process since 2004 through a cultural and educational programme. During 2014-15 part of the building underwent reconstruction, creating facilities for further development of the programme in this once forgotten and now developing region.
The project will add a new programme format to the existing cultural offering, increase the capacity of the implementing institution, cooperation and exchange between the Czech Republic and Norway, while simultaneously contributing to the region's development and increasing the cohesiveness of the local community.
We will achieve these objectives through several synergistic activities:
- Studios for music residencies will be created in the monastery building, and the existing recording studio will be modernized. We will thus provide musical creators new premises in a unique monastery building for focused work.
- During 2021-22 4 monthly cycles of music residences will take place, always with the participation of 1 resident from the Czech Republic and one from Norway, with a participation of the local community.
- The project team will gain experience in the area of putting on music residences, during the 2 professional visits in Norway, and will gain familiarity with leading projects on the Norwegian music scene.
- 2-day conference on the theme of cultural and creative industries with a focus on contemporary music and support for key players in the area.
- 3-day music festival consisting of various genres, which will also feature the activities of residents.
An important aspect of the project is cooperation with the Norwegian partner, NOPA which will take advantage of the musical residences for its members, will help support our institution's capacities through visits to successful Norwegian residency projects etc.